Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dr Helen Stumps for Trump

Elsewhere on Google Blogspot, Instapundit’s prettier, smarter half, Dr Helen, tells us Why I Like Donald Trump. She has very sensible reasons, of course, but I have one caveat.

As much as I dislike politicians, their Statism and their arrogance, they actually do have job skills. They build consensus, lead legislative and partisan rebellions and attacks, and generally politick and maintain diplomatic relations with people they want dead. They also have to establish and maintain a relationship with large groups in their political base. I have not yet seen Donald Trump do any of these things, but if he starts displaying these skills in public, I will willingly vote for him.

No comments:

Modern Grotesque

Stephen Green compares, properly, San Francisco's Planning Commission to the Red Guards : “In a 5–0 vote, it ordered Johnston to build a...