- "When faced with American public defection from elite preferences outcomes on certain policy issues that involve many difficult tradeoffs of the kind that democracies, with much jostling and argument, are supposed to work out among many different groups, Friedman extols the example of … China’s political system, because it’s both enlightened and autocratic?"
- "To Krugman — and, apparently, to most Obama-supporting Democrats — there’s no such thing as legitimate opposition."
- SF Protesters to Obama: Please Be a Dictator!
- Rep. Charlie Rangel, D-N.Y., Barack Obama should simply rule by decree, issuing executive orders for everything. He then slammed Tea Party Republicans for refusing to cooperate with Obama, and compared them to criminals.
- Washington proposes a Reich Flight Tax: "Mr. Schumer would surely bridle at having his exit-tax policy compared to that of the Nazis, as would Mr. Boehner, so let me be clear: The Reichsfluchsteuer was originally imposed not by the Nazis, but, rather, on December 8, 1931, by the pre-Hitler, centrist government of Heinrich Brüning, who had a doctoral degree in economics."
- Jacob Heilbrunn, "Is It Time To Abolish Congress?"
- MSNBC's Ed Schultz said President Obama should "put the boot on the neck of BP" and act like a "dictator" in his Oval Office address tonight.
- "It’s hard to come up with new ways to describe the Obama administration’s improvisational approach to the Affordable Care Act’s troubled health insurance exchanges."
In the meantime, I would like to leave you with the wise words of a man Messrs Brin and Stross would undoubtedly despise: "Let me add, that only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Well, now you see what the people above think of you.