Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Oh... my... God...

I have a job offer.

It was on the Tennessean's web page, I filled it out... boom. I don't believe it.

Spherion is a temp agency hiring for Dell Tech Support: the bottom of the IT food chain, for sure, but I don't care. I have six pages printed out, three to fill out, three to help me fill them out. May 1st is some training, I think, and it will start May 8th.

This... will be difficult. I will have to remember EVERYTHING I did, phone numbers to EVERYWHERE I worked... gah. And I'll have to do it mostly from Google over computers that allow you to work 60 minutes at a time. I don't think Spherion's on-line app, which I also have to fill out, saves info for later entry. Grrr.

This... would be a lot easier if I owned a laptop. I saw one at a used computer store here in town. P-90, $50.00. It didn't boot, but that may have been Windows. Sadly, it had no CD-ROM, which would have allowed me to run Linux in its tiny little mind. I believe if you have a laptop, public library network access is unlimited.

Must... beat... head... harder... will strong... wall is weak....

Something else happened today, but for the life of me, I can't remember what.

No comments:

Modern Grotesque

Stephen Green compares, properly, San Francisco's Planning Commission to the Red Guards : “In a 5–0 vote, it ordered Johnston to build a...